Includes the DVDs: Archie’s Inventions
Three episodes of the favourite children's TV series Balamory
What’s the Story Miss Hoolie?
- In 'Doctors and Nurses' Miss Hoolie asks Archie to help with a hospital game for the children, but he doesn't know what to make. A word with Edie McCredie gives Archie plenty of ideas.
- In 'Fish Supper' Miss Hoolie is organising a fish supper at the nursery. Spencer and Archie make a fishing game, but forget to order the fish. Can the fish supper be a success?
- Finally in 'Newborn Baby' Spencer goes to buy a present for his neighbour's new baby girl. He ends up buying some paper plates instead. Can Archie make them into a present for the baby?
What's the story in Balamory? Miss Hoolie and her friends share their favourite stories in three episodes of the popular children's series set on the Island of Mull.
Mysteries with PC Plum
- In 'Jungle Story', Miss Hoolie asks Josie Jump and Edie McCredie to tell her some stories about the jungle.
- In 'Sound Story', Edie McCredie is looking for a story tape to play to the children on her bus. Miss Hoolie suggests 'Goldilocks and the Three Bears', and Spencer joins in with some very individual sound effects.
- 'Story Blanket' sees Josie Jump inventing a new way to tell stories on a wet day with the help of Archie and his latest invention.
Set in picturesque seaside village where pretty, coloured houses nestle around a charming harbour, the drama of Balamory
focuses upon the young children of the local nursery and their teacher, Miss Hoolie who are regularly joined by a host of larger than life characters.
The first ever Balamory DVD features three episodes from the much-loved series with stories based around the adventures of PC Plum, Balamory’s warm-hearted community policeman. PC Plum can always be spotted riding around town on his policeman’s bicycle and enjoys sharpening his investigative skills in the sleepy town by keeping a close check on the local flora and fauna. Although PC Plum often dreams of cracking a difficult case of catching a dastardly criminal, he has only ever arrested a Magpie for stealing Miss Hoolie’s sparkly earrings!
- The Missing Scarecrow: When Miss Hoolie’s scarecrow goes missing, Edie McCredie asks for PC Plum’s help to find it. Unfortunately PC Plum had mistaken it for a burglar the night before and accidentally broken it! Can Archie save the day and Miss Hoolie’s vegetable patch?
- The Sing Along Machine: After a noisy night, no one in Balamory has managed to get any sleep. PC Plum solves the mystery when he discovers it was Archie testing his new invention. PC Plum takes the noisy contraption to Spencer, who with the help of the children, puts it to much better use as a sing-a-long machine!
- Litter Bug Penny Pocket and Suzie Sweet keep finding litter outside their shop, but how is it getting there? Penny asks for PC Plum’s help in finding the litterbug. It seems that Edie McCredie might have something to do with it!